domingo, 19 de agosto de 2007

What´s happened?

After some weeks in India I have begun to understand this way of life. The last days I was studying and working very hard, so this afternoon I have decided going for a different walk. I could go to the typical monuments, I haven’t still been in Red Fort nor in the Old Delhi, but I thought that I would rather go to the markets, my favourite activity, actually.

In the beginning you can be worried because you understand nothing. Now, I used to see Indian people and I know the different kind of transport and their prices. And a very important thing: I can cross the streets safely and it is very difficult that someone runs over myself. I have learnt that Delhi is a very safe city. Friendly people, Delhi is a security place, even at night, and there aren’t risks of one´s life.

Well, as I was saying, today afternoon I have been in two markets near my house. I was there by rickshaw. You always must bargain the trip price with the driver rickshaw. The next wednesday I will be roaming thought Jaipur. No more today, it is enough.Ummm, I have to go.

Let´s see some photos and a movie when I show you how to cross a street in Delhi...

En la India con lo puesto

Jorge sudando la gota gorda



6 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

La camiseta un poco sudada, ¿no?
Es por el calor o el sofoco de cruzar la calle.

Jorge dijo...

Aqui siempre estas asi de sudado en cuanto te quitas de delante del ventilador o del aire acondicionado. En una semana te acostumbras y no le das importancia a ir chorreando. Supongo que con mas tiempo llegas a no sudar porque yo veo indios que van en bici y no sudan ni una gota.

Enrique Muñiz dijo...

Really fantastic the video of the heroical crossing road. I've never watch a thing like this.
You are superanding yourself. I hope this video will be an autentic bestwatcher in Youtube. Inmediatly I recomended it to all of my friends.
Also is very good the history of regateanding in the market, and the fhotograf of the sudanding body or la del rickshaw, but the video is superior, really 10.
I'm sure taht you can understand me best in english than in spanish, and for me is the same, because I'm totaly bilingual.
See you.

P.S. Ridiculous Strawberrys and very poor tomatoes. The big hazmelaught of our edificy.

Jorge dijo...

Quique, tu ingles es exactamente el mismo que yo chapurreo por aqui de forma que no vas a tener ni medio problema en venirte el verano que viene: a todos lo efectos en la India pasas por ser perfectamente bilingue. A esto tienes que anadirle que eres blanco y por lo tanto un autentico sir para la poblacion local de la India, lo que es siempre un valor anadido porque cuando la gente no te entiende piensa que es culpa suya y nunca tuya.

Se que los tomates son la envidia del vecindario y estoy seguro de que con la cantidad de tomateras que hay puestas empezamos a tener problemas para dar salida a la produccion. De todas formas, yo ya tengo la cabeza puesta en el endrino que debe estar a puntito...

Enrique Muñiz dijo...

CoALT0241o, el endrino.

Anónimo dijo...

Hi Jorge! the video is absolutelly amazing! Happy to see that -finally- you are enjoying your days in Delhi.

As Tiraps says you have stories to tell for the rest of your life-

The problems with traspiration are more involved with the physical weight than with your country of origin- ooops

Best regards from the Poligon

P.S.You're really getting better with your english!!